Thursday, February 22, 2007

Snow Day

It's snowed last night and school was closed today. It's so beautiful outside, I hope everyone takes the time to go out and take some great photos. It's amazing that we've had 2 snow days in the Rogue Valley this year already. I hope I-5 heading north isn't too terrible as I'm on my way to Newport this afternoon for the Wine and Seafood Festival. Before I leave, I would like to make a quick announcement. We have chosen the first members of our Royal Design Team. Tiffany Moore and Darla Barnes are the 2 winners of our Design Team competition. We have inducted a 3rd honorary member and that is Robyn Acrey. Robyn will be leaving our employ next week, which makes me a VERY SAD girl. But we thought we'd keep her coming back anyway, as a Design Team member. The other very talented ladies that turned in projects we want to thank very much. We are hoping that we can expand our design team in the future, so they'll be on our list to call. Here are photos of the 2 winning projects. I'll post pictures next week of the rest of the layouts, cards and books that were turned in. Darla Barnes created a mini book that tells the story (written by her daughter) of her memories of losing her grandfather. Chelsea wrote an amazing story, I cried the entire time I was reading it. The Darla took the time to create a spiral bound album that included the story and photos. She made several and gave them to her relatives. What a gift. Tiffany Moore made a really fun coffee filter album that highlights her husband's top 10 favorite things. I love the "photo journalism" she did, the color scheme she chose and her great design. Tiffany will be teaching at the store in March and April. Look for some of her great classes on our next newsletter (which is at the printer right now.) She'll be teaching a Spring/Easter layout class, a mini book honoring mom, and a Gardener's Journal class.

No comments: